Sunday 26 January 2014

Fashion and Fairytales - This Is Me

Welcome to my first blog post! My name is Kirsty, I'm 23, a Wife and a Mother to 3 beautiful little girls aged 5 years, 2 years and 10 months.
 
My life is filled with fashion (I studied fashion at college), laundry, Art, dirty dishes, creativity, cleaning, Disney Princesses, ironing, sparkles and making dreams come true.
 
I seem to spend a lot of my time (when I'm not waist deep in ironing) planning magical birthday parties, creating fancy dress costumes from scratch, customising, painting, drawing, shopping, writing lists and planning adventures. The last 11 months i have been lucky enough to have created a page on facebook to showcase jute bags that i hand paint which has been extremely popular! my art on a bag! how cool is that? i have also recently hand painted canvas shoes! if anyone wants to take a look here is the link www.facebook.com/fairybagmother
 
After weeks of reading other peoples blogs i decided to create my own where i could share all my ideas, tips, advise and experiences of being a stay at home mum who loves fashion, art, beauty, shows and creating memories with my family.
in my blog i hope to include..
 
*fashion on a budget (we know how hard it can be if there are little mouths to feed)
* beauty products
* cosmetics
*Children's fashion
*DIY children's fancy dress
* creative ideas to make and do with your little ones
* Bargain buys
* home decor and care
* book reviews
* toy reviews
* seasonal make and do - including Easter bonnets
* gift ideas
* book reviews
* website reviews
* and general women's chit chat!
 
The name Sparkles and Dreams seemed very suitable for the point of my life where i am now. My daughters represent the sparkles and the dreams represents the dreams i have as my own as well as those for my children and my family as a whole.
i dream of one day owning my own business designing and making unique children's fancy dress outfits and clothing. each and every item no doubt inspired by my girls and their amazing imaginations.
 
I hope you'll enjoy reading my posts and be filled with motivation and inspiration.
 
what are you dreams? leave them in a comment below :)
 
until next time
 
Keep sparkling
x


No comments:

Post a Comment